RE: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs

Subject: RE: About XML to multiple language/multiple outputs
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 1999 21:08:41 -0400
Hi Dave,

Dave said:
The only reason I'm loathe to agree with the idea
of a re-write of the spec for clarification is the
rather simple fact that it would appear to be
'dead accurate'.
I don't recall anyone critiquing the spec on
this basis.
I have cursed it many times after reading a
para n times. Usually when I finally do get
to understand it, its very clear.

How about another approach, a parallel document
as has been done by Tim Bray for XML.

I.e. A compact? version which is the standard,
then the annotated DSSSL version, which does
the translation into plain English with examples.

That way we keep the accuracy, and gain
the clarity (at the cost of size increase, but
a worthwhile gain?)

Didier answer:
I have probably lost something here (since I was at the XML dev conference)
who wants to write a spec clarification document?

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com