RE: Jade validation options

Subject: RE: Jade validation options
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 23:20:06 -0400
Hi Aad,

Paul_Tihansky@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>      Thanks, but I was referring to James Clark's original Jade.  His
> application does not appear to have that option.  When I run Jade with
that
> option, I get the following message:
> 'unknown warning type "novalid"'.
>
> I am using the version of Jade packaged with Arbortext Epic v1.0.  Is the
option
> to turn off validation only available in OpenJade?

Aad said:
-----------------------
Using "-wno-valid" as option works.

Didier says:
-----------------------
You are right. Here is an extract of the OpenJade page about this switch:
no-valid
Do not require the document to be type-valid. This has the effect of
changing the SGML declaration to specify VALIDITY NOASSERT and IMPLYDEF
ATTLIST YES ELEMENT YES. An option of -wvalid has the effect of changing the
SGML declaration to specify VALIDITY TYPE and IMPLYDEF ATTLIST NO ELEMENT
NO. If neither -wvalid nor -wno-valid are specified, then the VALIDITY and
IMPLYDEF specified in the SGML declaration will be used.

ref: http://www.netfolder.com/OpenJade

this page contains all switches accepted by Openjade (also by Jade).

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.netfolder.com