RE: About columns?

Subject: RE: About columns?
From: "Didier PH Martin" <martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 21:48:51 -0400
Hi Matthias,

Matthias said:
> Toby said that he used the page-n-columns characteristic implemented in
both
> the rtf and mif back ends (did you know that the mif backend also support
> this characteristic? I am testing each object characteristic by
> characteristic and yes it works for both mif and rtf - I didn't checked
yet
> for Tex). Toby also said that he never needed an asymmetric columns
layout.

No need to do so, Didier. I have already extracted all that information
to dsssl/extensions.dsl. It lists all supported nonstandard FOs and ICs
separately for each backend.

Didier says:
And this help a lot Matthias, otherwise it would take me too much time. The
problem I encountered is that, even if the function is supported, the
behavior is not necessarily working (bugs in the backend). So, now, the
trick is to learn what is working from what is not, or what is working well
to what is working most of the time but fail under certain circumstances. In
one one word: test.

regards
Didier PH Martin
mailto:martind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx