RE: Jade crash

Subject: RE: Jade crash
From: "joseph, Gershon" <Gershon_joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:36:47 +0300
Norm,

Unfortunately, the document is proprietary to my client, so I'm afraid I
can't send it. I did some further investigations last night, and determined
that it is indeed the DocBook DSSSL stylesheets causing the crash. I called
Jade with my own DSSSL stylesheet (designed for our proprietary DTD), and
Jade generated beautiful (mainly red) RTF. Due to time constraints on the
project, I have simply modified my own DSSSL stylesheet to cater for the
DocBook elements I use. I will try to find the time to replace the text in
my document with garbage, maintaining the markup structure as is, so that
you can try to reproduce the problem.

Note that I am using a DocBook extension, and did not modify the stylesheets
to cater for them yet. I expected to get red text in the appropriate places.
My extensions are fairly straight-forward. I added markup for MIB object
definitions, since I could not find anything suitable in standard DocBook.

If anyone has an Omnimark or Perl program that replaces text with rubbish
(i.e., random text), and retains the markup around that text, please may I
have a copy so that I can get the problem document to Norm.

Cheers

Gershon Leib Joseph
DOCUMENTATION TECHNOLOGIES MANAGER
Comverse Network Systems