testing whether current-node is defined

Subject: testing whether current-node is defined
From: "Weininger, Nicholas (MN65)" <weininger_nicholas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 10:33:39 -0500
Is it possible to define a function which tests whether (current-node) is
defined in the current context? In the course of extending the Modular
DocBook Stylesheets for HTML, I'm attempting to define a function which is
called once per chunk-- a conditional definition of the prefix for the HTML
filename which depends on an attribute of the root element. It appears that
for the first chunk (i.e. the chunk corresponding to the root element),
(current-node) is not defined. If I had a way to test for that case, I could
put in a special workaround for it.

Thanks,
Nick Weininger
Honeywell Technology Center