RE: More Word-97 Woes with valid JADE output

Subject: RE: More Word-97 Woes with valid JADE output
From: "joseph, Gershon" <Gershon_joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 12:43:09 +0200
Dave,

I've lots of experience (mainly bitter) writing and even delivering large
documents in Word format. Here's how I've succeeded to date:

- Break your Word documents up into one file per chapter (this usually
ensures each individual Word file is not more than about 100 pages).

- Create a separate file for your front matter, which includes the TOC and
any other lists you may have. Use the Word TOC fields for TOC, LOF, LOT,
etc. Use RD fields (hidden fields which reference in the other files for
purposes of generating the TOCs).

I don't know how to break up the file like this using Jade + RTF backend. I
found Jade's RTF backend could not produce the fancy RTF my customers
expect. I use Omnimark programs to generate RTF files from my SGML source.
Contact me offline if you'd like more information. I'm willing to share my
Omnimark code with anyone wishing to use it ;-). I've resigned from Comverse
Network Systems, so this email address will die on 10 November. Feel free to
contact me at home josephg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or look out for my new email
address when I post from my new position at Mainsoft Corp.

Hope this helps...

Gershon

Gershon Leib Joseph
DOCUMENTATION TECHNOLOGIES MANAGER