RE: "nested tables" in Jade&RTF ?

Subject: RE: "nested tables" in Jade&RTF ?
From: "joseph, Gershon" <Gershon_joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 14:06:16 +0200
Steve,

RTF does not support nested tables. In fact, RTF does not really support
tables as such. In RTF, a table row is a special form of a paragraph, which
can contain one or more cells, which are placed side-by-side in the
"paragraph".

I have actually created RTF that mimics a table within a table, using
Omnimark to code my transformation from SGML to RTF. I could not achieve the
same effect using DSSSL and Jade.

The RTF I created simply puts enough cells into each row to handle the
nested table, and I format the header row of the nested table accordingly. I
could send you a sample RTF output to show you what I mean. If this works
for you, I could send you my Omnimark program so you'll have something to
start from...

Good luck!

Gershon

Gershon Leib Joseph