Re: JADE/DSSSL: What is allowed at the top level?

Subject: Re: JADE/DSSSL: What is allowed at the top level?
From: Matthias Clasen <clasen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 13:38:18 +0100

> I then defined a procedure to enter styles into that variable:
>
> (define (add-style style-label the-style) ...

You can assign values to variables at top-level, but you cannot change
the value afterwards, since that would be a side-effect. DSSSL is restricted
to the functional, side-effect free subset of scheme.

> BTW: assoc doesn't seem to be defined? I'm using OpenJade 1.3

It is defined:

bash$ grep assoc jade-1.3/style/primitive.h
PRIMITIVE(Assoc, "assoc", 2, 0, 0)

--
Matthias Clasen,
Tel. 0761/203-5606