Re: [jadetex] French typography with the Modular Stylesheets?

Subject: Re: [jadetex] French typography with the Modular Stylesheets?
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:25:23 +0000 (GMT)
Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:

 > I'm preparing a text in French, using DocBook/XML and the DSSSL Modular
 > Stylesheets. But the typography rules are always the english ones,
 > even if I have set the lang attribute (the labels like "Table of
 > contents" appear OK in French) and if I have babel properly
 > installed (no problems with LaTeX, only with jadetex).
 >
 > More specifically, the bullets in the list do not appear like they
 > should do in French (as dashes), unlike what happens with babel.
 >
 > How to use babel from jadetex?

you cannot, in this example. The style of bulleted lists is determined
by the stylesheet. A `list' in Jade output is simply a sequence of
paragraphics, and JadeTeX cannot reconstruct the fact that it started
life as a bulleted list.

you might be happier writing an XML to LaTeX converter.. (easy enough,
in DSSSL or XSLT)

Sebastian