RE: [jadetex] French typography with the Modular Stylesheets? (The DSSSList Digest V3 #223)

Subject: RE: [jadetex] French typography with the Modular Stylesheets? (The DSSSList Digest V3 #223)
From: Norman Gray <norman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 18:00:23 +0000 (GMT)
Greetings,

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Wroth, Mark wrote:

> [Mark Wroth] Some time ago, someone on this list commented (in response to a
> question I asked) that they had built a version of Jade (or possibly some
> DSSSL extensions) which allowed Jade to easily emit arbitrary TeX code (e.g.
>

> 	(make-environment 'document
> 	  (process-children))
>
> would produce
>
> 	\begin{document}
> 	% contents of the children
> 	\end{document}

I think this may have been me.  I have a patch against jade-1.2.1 at
http://www.astro.gla.ac.uk/users/norman/distrib/jade.html

As soon as I get some time, I plan to (a) take out a dodgy `improvement',
and (b) submit the patch for possible incorporation into OpenJade.
Between now and then, however, it might be of some use to folk.

This does presuppose, remember, that generating LaTeX using DSSSL is
not deemed so irredeemably Wicked that you'll be obliged to bloodily
castigate yourself afterwards.

All the best,

Norman