jadetex 2.8

Subject: jadetex 2.8
From: Sebastian Rahtz <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 14:13:53 +0000 (GMT)
I'd be glad if some experienced people could try jadetex 2.8, from
http://www.tug.org/applications/jadetex. You will need the following files:

Makefile
jadetex.1
jadetex.dtx
jadetex.ini
jadetex.ins
mlnames.sty
pdfjadetex.1
pdfjadetex.ini
ucharacters.tex
uentities.tex
unicode.sty

What has changed is that jadetex now shares code with PassiveTeX
(http://users.ox.ac.uk/~rahtz/passivetex/), so quite a lot of JadeTeX
has shifted to mlnames.sty. All of the Unicode character stuff has
also moved out, and is in unicode.sty, ucharacters.tex and
uentities.tex. These are generated from unicode.xml, so any changes
need to be made to that. I hope the coverage is now cleaner and
better.

I have not tried this JadeTeX much (just a quick test on the book of
mormon), so I may have screwed up. So please do not redistribute this
until someone has confirmed that it gives identical results to the old
version.

I am, of course, aware that there is no documentation or even so much
as an HTML index page. I am hoping to add to an excellent document
written by Frank Christoph, when I have a moment.

Please do not promptly deluge me with change requests for JadeTeX, to
do with tables or whatever. I am very keen to get this current setup
clean, because it is now set up in a way that I can maintain it more
easily. When I know _this_ works, and we have the documentation in
place, I can consider the backlog of complaints....

On the other hand, if people send me good clean tested patches to
jadetex.dtx, I am very to manage the releases and so on.

Sebastian Rahtz