Re: Pictures

Subject: Re: Pictures
From: Peter Nilsson <pnidv96@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:55:14 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Jany Quintard wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Dec 1999, Peter Sognefur wrote:
>
> > <!ELEMENT picture   EMPTY>
> > <!ATTLIST picture
> >   source	IDREFS	#IMPLIED

Jany's code won't work if the declared value type is IDREFS. It should be
eighter CDATA or ENTITY, depending on how you want to use the
element. (IDREFS is for internal references in a document.)

If you want to specify the system ID (file name) in the attribute value,
then use CDATA and

>     (make external-graphic display?: #t
>                    entity-system-id: (attribute-string "source" )))
>

> entity-system-id: is a string specifying the system identifier of the
>                   entity containing the external graphic or
>                   #f if the entity has no system identifier. This
>                   characteristic is not inherited and shall be specified.

I did never think about this before, but what is supposed to happen when
the entity-system-di: is #f? Anyone that knows?

Regards,
/Peter Nilsson - Växjö
--