document-type (Was: Entities in SGML to SGML)

Subject: document-type (Was: Entities in SGML to SGML)
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:20:12 +0100 (CET)
On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Peter Nilsson wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Dec 1999, Jany Quintard wrote:
>
> > The problem is that I don't know how to copy the list of entities from the
.../...
> At least, the info is in the grove. Check out the govdt property of the
> sgmldoc node (the grove root). The value of that property is a node with a
> genents, containing the general entities. It should be possible to
> generate what you want from that info, but I didn't say it is
> easy. (Hint: You have to create the entities by hand with the
> formatting-instruction ext. flow object.) I don't know how to separate the
> entities of the internal DTD subset from the ones in the external
> subset. You probably wanted only the former.
Yes, but there are selection criteria :-)

So :
It is possible to get a named-node-list of general entities using
something like this :

(root
  (node-property 'genents
     (node-property 'govdt (current-node)))
...)

After this, I have to select the "good" entities and reinject them in the
output document.
Not easy, but ... can be done.
I am wondering if I can use (make document-type ...) to fill in the
DOCTYPE with entity declarations.
document-type is an atomic FO and it does not accept any content. So I
have to build the !DOCTYPE (and not only entity declarations)
using formatting-instructions
It works, but I wondered if it would be possible to do it in a more
elegant manner, or if document-type could be modified to allow the inclusion
of such declarations, since it is a Jade/OpenJade extension.
What are your opinions about it ?

TIA
Jany