math markup (was probably something about dsssl, a long time ago)

Subject: math markup (was probably something about dsssl, a long time ago)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 09:55:12 GMT
   Just to add my two eurocents, without addressing the TeX/MathML
   question directly, much of the discussion of MathML is, in my
   opinion at least, obsolescent. Take a look at OpenMath ....

   http://www.nag.co.uk/projects/openmath/omsoc/

   Simon.

Thanks for the plug. (The files pointed to at the above URL are
physically located on my desk:-) However OpenMath doesn't make
MathML obsolete, on the contrary it is rather relying on MathML
to provide an infostructure to support Math rendering, and similarly
MathML may use OpenMath as an extension mechanism. Since I'm on
the development groups of LaTeX, MathML and OpenMath, I don't think
these are `competing' technologies.

David