Re: SGML to RTF conversion

Subject: Re: SGML to RTF conversion
From: "Christof Drescher" <drescher@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:23:43 +0100
Adugna Terefe wrote:
> I am converting SGML to RTF by using Jade and DSSSL.
>
> I have problem with footnote.
>
> Can jade support footnote as flow object?
>
> Is there any one has an idea how to handele large number of floating
> footnotes per page?

I don't know if the RTF backend has a special feature towards footnotes, but
in general JADE does not implement the necessary page-sequence flow object
which would allow for a separate footnote section on a per page basis.

What is possible is to have section-wide or document-wide endnotes generated
by special DSSSL scripts. Though being not quite the same, I don't see any
other way as long as page-sequence is implemented.

Greetings,
Christof Drescher
Pro Image GbR, Marburg, Germany