page sizes and crop marks

Subject: page sizes and crop marks
From: Deborah Greenberg Lidl <dgl@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 16:03:44 -0600
Folks --

I'm planning to use DocBook 3.1 and the DSSSL distribution included with
it.  I've downloaded the latest DSSSL version (1.54) from Norman Walsh's
Web site.  I've reviewed several Web sites and the 2000 archives of this
mailing list, and have mostly managed to shift paradigms.  However, I
still have a few questions:

- I'm creating a printed book and I'd like my final page width to be 7"
  and my final page height to be 9".  I'm in the US, so I'll be printing
  my output for review and markup on 8 1/2" x 11" paper.  How do I do
  this?

- I'm used to the world of FrameMaker and other tools where you can
  have crop marks or other rules around the page when it's printed on
  larger page.  In my example above, I'd have a 7" x 9" box centered on
  and 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper, and all my content in the box. Is
  this possible?  I realize that it may not be part of the DSSSL paradigm,
  but would certainly be helpful as I try to visualize how the final
  page layout will look.

Answers or pointers to a FAQ or Web site greatfully accepted.

Thanks much.
Cheers,
Debbie
--
Deborah Greenberg Lidl                  Berkeley Software Design, Inc.
dgl@xxxxxxxx                                     Phone: 1.301.765.7945