Space preserving

Subject: Space preserving
From: Jany Quintard <quintard.j@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:07:28 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,
I have (only) two questions today :
1. What is the best method to output strings as they are input ?
  I mean, using the print backends (RTF and TeX).
  Do I have to write something like this :

(define (outputXMP string)
  (let loop ((cdata (string->list string))
             (resultat (empty-sosofo)))

    (if (equal? cdata '())
        resultat
        (loop (cdr cdata)
              (let* ((mychar (if (char-property 'input-whitespace? (car
cdata))
                                 "\no-break-space;" (car cdata))))

                  (sosofo-append resultat
                                 (make character char: mychar)))))))
Or is there some straightforward option to do it ?

2. Where are useful things such as "\no-break-space;" described ?
  I found this by browsing the archive. It is not in my version of the
  spec. I assume there must exist some "\line-end" or something like that.

Jany.