Working with Multiple DSSSLs

Subject: Working with Multiple DSSSLs
From: droyter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:42:12 -0400
Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to use several DSSSL files to
process a document. I'm not sure I'm able to accurately convey
what I mean here. Is there a way to have a master.dsl with sub
dsssl files off of it?

For example, I have an sgml file and I want to lay it out in three
different formats. One might need a different make page sequence
than the others and another may need tables in it. But the rest of
the structure is the same. Do I need to make three DSSSL files
(one for each book) or can I create a master dsssl that looks to
another for the make-page sequences, and another for the table
design, and link them somehow in the master?

Is this an external something-or-other declaration? I've tried
searching the archives and I can't find what I am asking about. I
suppose I would need to develop some sort of query language
within the dsssl so it wouldn't get confused mid-way through.

Thank you for your help,
Darrell

I ask this because I am using DSSSL to layout a several books.
Each is roughly the same in structure, but they all have slight
differences between them. Generalizing 85% of the formatting to
one file would be a help and maintaining five dsssls would be better
than nine.