Producing Unicode output from Jade

Subject: Producing Unicode output from Jade
From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Jul 2000 10:53:24 +0200
I'm converting a huge set of SGML documents that contain a lot of
character entities from various entity sets to HTML. I've found
Unicode versions of most of these entity sets, so I think this
approach will work.

However, I seem to be incapable of getting Jade to produce Unicode
output. (literal (string #\U-0020)) produces a space, while (literal
(string #\U-2009)) should produce a thin space, but instead produces a
question mark.

What can I do to make Jade produce the correct output? The best
alternative would be iso-8859-1 with character references for
characters above U+00FF, but utf-8 is also OK.

--Lars M.