I'm stupid (was: Re: Newbie help: "empty" elements)

Subject: I'm stupid (was: Re: Newbie help: "empty" elements)
From: "Len Budney" <lbudney-lists-dsssl@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 19:41:27 -0500
"Len Budney" <lbudney-lists-dsssl@xxxxxx> wrote:

> The problem is that I want to delete "empty" elements, where "empty" means
> that the only content is more elements. So a TR containing lots of empty
> TDs should be discarded. So far I'm having little success.

Actually it looks like my lame attempt was working; I'm just stupid. For
my purposes I want to delete hyperlinks and forms (in the end I want to
spit out data only as a CSV or something). Before deleting them, they're
not "empty".

After deleting them, of course, their containers look "empty" to me, and
I ask stupidly, "Why didn't these things go away?" Duh...

Sorry about that, folks.

> One problem appears to be the usual whitespace problem: I'm not correctly
> identifying elements whose data is just whitespace. How can I do that?

That's still something I wonder; how can I identify elements which contain
data which is only whitespace. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Len.

--
Do not confuse complexity with security.  It is a grave mistake.
					-- Bruce Schneier