Re: Attaching DSSSL to each element

Subject: Re: Attaching DSSSL to each element
From: Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Nov 2000 09:08:31 -0800
/ Nik Clayton <nik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> was heard to say:
| Is it possible to attach DSSSL to every single element, preferably so that
| the code can veto further processing of the element?

You may not get away with a single template, but here's what I'd try
for a start:

Create a stylesheet customization layer based on the stock stylesheet
that contains just the following:

(default
  (if (whatever-attribute-test-determines-you-should-print-this-element)
    (next-match)))

I *think* that will work. If it doesn't, I'll be curious to hear why :-)

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman Walsh <ndw@xxxxxxxxxx> | Time wounds all heels.