(dsssl) line-breaking in tex/openjade

Subject: (dsssl) line-breaking in tex/openjade
From: Pieter Rijken <Pieter.Rijken@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:29:49 +0100
Hi,

I'm using the DocBook DTD and Openajde to generate PDF output using the
TeX backend.

Part of the document is:

<orderedlsit>
<listitem>
<para>
This is a sample sentence with a file name
<filename>Averyveryveryveryerylooooooooongfilenamewhichisunbreakable</filena
me>.
</listitem>
</orderedlist>

The problem is that in the PDF output the filename goes over the border of
the pysical
paper. For some reason TeX does not like to break the sentence after 'name'.
Probably
because it is leaving too much whitespace at the end of the line.

I have no idea how to solve this. As far as I can see there are three ways:

1) it is a TeX problem and I have to define some TeX variables in JadeTeX,
2) something has to be fixed in the TeX backend of OpenJade,
3) the DSSSL scripts supplied with DocBook need adjustment.

Is there anybody out there who knows what can be done?

Many thanks,

regards,

pieter

Pieter Rijken                          E-mail: pieter.rijken@xxxxxx

CMG Wireless Data Solutions (International) B.V.

Merweplein 5
P.O. Box 261                  Phone: +31 30 2339300
3430 GN Nieuwegein            Fax:   +31 30 2338959
The Netherlands