(dsssl) Reacting to page breaks inside a paragraph

Subject: (dsssl) Reacting to page breaks inside a paragraph
From: "John R. Sheets" <dusk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 15:31:34 -0500
Hi,

I'm putting together a simple DTD and stylesheets for screenwriting,
and I have things mostly working.  One situation I'm not sure how to
deal with is page breaks in the middle of dialogue.  If a dialogue
happens in the middle of the page, it looks something like this
(pardon the nonsense speech):

                JOE
    As I was saying, the best way
    to strip the bark off without
    breaking it into uneven pieces
    is to first separate it from the
    wood by smacking it with a
    sledgehammer...

However, if a page break splits the dialogue, I need to be able to
insert the name again as a header on the following page:

                JOE
    As I was saying, the best way
    to strip the bark off without
    breaking it into uneven pieces
-----PAGE BREAK-----
            JOE (cont'd)
    is to first separate it from the
    wood by smacking it with a
    sledgehammer...

FWIW, I'm currently processing the name and speech as separate
paragrahs.  SGML looks like this:

<dialogue>
  <name>JOE</name>
  <speech>As I was saying...</speech>
</dialogue>

Any suggestions on how I should detect and react to the page break?
My stylesheet is fairly simple so far, so I'm not too worried about
revising my approach, e.g., handling blocks of dialogue as single
paragraphs, rather than as a series of paragraphs.  I'm just not sure
where to begin here.

Thanks,
John

--