(dsssl) OpenJade crash

Subject: (dsssl) OpenJade crash
From: Eric Brunel <eric_brunel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:03:02 +0200 (CEST)
Hi all,

I've got an extremely annoying bug with OpenJade 1.3
on Linux Mandrake 8.0: with a document using a DTD and
a style sheet I made, OpenJade has a tendency to
crash, just saying "Aborted" and exiting with an exit
code 132.

I'm quite sure the problem is in OpenJade itself:
- the document is SGMLly correct: nsgmls does give a
single warning;
- another document using the same elements may not
crash OpenJade;
- some updates in the style sheet may solve the
problem; sometimes just inserting the declaration of
the "debug" external procedure suppresses the crash.
The last thing I did which solved the problem was to
remove the generation of the title page and the ToC,
which worked perfectly a few minutes ago...

I'm also quite sure the problem isn't in the backend,
since the problem happens with all backends, even the
FOT one.

I tried to put a few "debug" commands in the style
sheet, and it seems the formatting starts, and then
stops in the middle of the processing. Changing the
document may move the place where the crash happens,
either up or down, or even make it disappear, as I
already said. Being a programmer myself, it reminds me
of a problem due to a memory corruption somewhere (the
best ones...).

And of course, I'm now at the point where for an
important document, whatever I may do, the problem
remains... Can anybody help, please? I can provide the
DTD, style sheet and document, of course...

Thanks a lot in advance...
 - eric -