Re: (dsssl) Newbie questions

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Newbie questions
From: jany.quintard@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 17:27:43 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Herbert Haas wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am a newbie to XML/DSSSL/Openjade. My goal is to define a dtd and dsssl
.../...

You can ease the use catalogs and make it more versatile by using a
cluster of specialized catalogs. I use catalogs for projects, for DTDs
and one for openjade. Catalogs are included or called in others using
the CATALOG keyword.

Here is an example with three catalogs, the main one including the two
others.

                         catalog.myproject:
    -- catalog: SGML Open style entity catalog --
-- Add elements to this file: the format is
-- PUBLIC  [Identifier] [path to file, full or relative to catalog path]
--
-- SYSTEM  [Identifier] [path to file, full or relative to catalog path]
--

OVERRIDE YES
        -- catalog refering to the DTD --

                         catalog.type01dtd:
     -- catalog: SGML Open style entity catalog --
OVERRIDE YES
        -- DTD type01 --
PUBLIC "-//Stuff for public declaration"  "dtd/type01.dtd"
--  End of catalog.type01dtd  --

                         catalog.openjade:
-- Open SGML catalog referencing software used by Openjade   --
        -- Builtins OpenJade  --
SYSTEM "builtins.dsl" "stylesheet/dsssl/openjade.1.3/builtins.dsl"

        -- DTDs DSSSL  --
PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN"      "dtd/ssheet.dtd"
PUBLIC "ISO/IEC 10179:1996//DTD DSSSL Architecture//EN" "dtd/dsssl.dtd"
--  End of catalog.openjade  --

HiH. Jany

     Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author
           and do not necessarily represent those of IBM.
Jany Quintard                                 | Who is this "General
Failure"
IBM Paris Laboratory                          | and why is he writing
Application & Integration Middleware Division | on my disk?