(dsssl) create an external ENTITY in DOCTYPE

Subject: (dsssl) create an external ENTITY in DOCTYPE
From: "Lutz Pliske" <pliske@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:11:36 +0200
Hi,

I am using jade for sgml-translation. Elements of my input-sgml should
(also) be transformed into entities in the doctype. They are Filenames
for graphics.

I know about

(make document-type name: "MAINELEMENT" system-id: "mydtd.dtd")

but that doesn´t allow me to write the entities "inside" the doctype
like

<!DOCTYPE MAINELEMENT SYSTEM "mydtd.dtd"
[<!ENTITY entityname SYSTEM "filename.tif" NDATA FAX>]>

I know how to create the enties so I "only" got the problem that my
result is.

<!DOCTYPE MAINELEMENT SYSTEM "mydtd.dtd">
[<!ENTITY entityname SYSTEM "filename.gif" NDATA FAX>]

Does somebody know how I can get the entites inside of the doctype?

P.S.: I tried building the doctype with literal and &lt;-entity but the
result is a #60. One solution could be if someone knows how I can create
a "real" < so that I can built the doctype. Writing (literal "<!DOCTYPE
... causes an error because the use of this syntax is not allowed.

Please help ...

Greetings & thanks

Lutz