(dsssl) paragraph breaks in table cells

Subject: (dsssl) paragraph breaks in table cells
From: curt brune <curt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 09:41:35 -0800
Pardon my frequent questions, but dsssl is new to me. I'm having
trouble getting paragraphs breaks between paragraphs in a table-cell.

For instance I want a cell that has two paragraphs in it, like:

	---------------------------------
	| Paragraph1			|
	|				|
	| Paragraph2			|
	---------------------------------

What ever I try, however, the paragraphs (short 2 word phrases) come
out on the same line, like:

	---------------------------------
	| Paragraph1 Paragraph2		|
	---------------------------------

The construction I'm using looks like:

	(make table-cell
	  (make sequence
	    (make paragraph
	      (literal "Paragraph1"))
	    (make paragraph
	      (literal "Paragraph2")))
	)

BTW this is with the TEX backend.  Are my paragraphs not coming out as
display object, but as inline objects?  If so how do I force the paragraphs
to be display objects?

If I make the two paragraphs outside of the table-cell they are seperated
normally.

I **really** appreciate everyone's help -- I have been scouring the archives
looking for the same questions.  The most relevant comment is "the tex
backend is broke for tables".  I hope that's not really the case. In the
end I do not care so much about TEX, but I care about having PDF -- using
TEX seems "how you get there from here" for docbook --> PDF formatting.

Cheers,
Curt

--

Curt Brune