(dsssl) character data and colspec

Subject: (dsssl) character data and colspec
From: Bob Firth <rfirth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 12:27:11 +0000 (GMT)
I have just upgraded my linux machine from RH6.2 to RH7.2, and a dsssl
transformation that used to work now gives me an error.  Below is an sgml
document that exhibits the error.  If I run this through jade I get the
error message:

jade:xxx.sgml:11:32:E: character data is not allowed here

11:32 points to the end of the first colspec lines.

Has something changed in the docbook dtd, or possibly CALS tables?

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//OASIS//DTD DocBook V3.1//EN">
<article>
  <title>Test</title>
  <section>
    <title>Test</title>
      <title>
        Trace header entries defined by sega module
      </title>
      <tgroup cols="2">
        <colspec colname="thdr"/>
        <colspec colname="desc"/>
        <tbody>
          <row>
            <entry>Shot sequence number</entry>
          </row>
          <row>
            <entry>Field file number</entry>
          </row>
          <row>
            <entry>Field channel number</entry>
          </row>
          <row>
            <entry namest="thdr" nameend="desc">
              Additional entries can be defined using the
              exthdr parameter.
            </entry>
          </row>
        </tbody>