Re: (dsssl) How to use box flow object?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) How to use box flow object?
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 09:46:29 +0100
* Laurent Laporte [Thu, 07/03/2002 at 18:40 +0100]
> I am generating RTF documents from an SGML file.
> Does anyone can give me examples to make box flow object?
>
> For example, I have a paragraph defined by:
> <par>some text</par>
> And I wish to produce a RTF paragraph with black border. How can I do
> that?
>
> My problem is more complex. In fact, I have a title and some paragraph
> to group in one box:
> <par>Normal paragraph without box</par>
> <par type="title">A TITLE in the box</par>
> <par type="box">paragraph 1 in the box</par>
> <par type="box">paragraph 2 in the box</par>
> <par type="box">paragraph 3 in the box</par>
> <par>Normal paragraph without box</par>
> How can I group the title and the three paragraphs in a single box with
> black borders?
The problem is that you don't have any root element to trigger the
creation of the box.
If a title is always a box title, you could do this

(element par
  (if (equal? (attribute-string "type") "title")
    (make box box-type: 'both
              display?: #t
      (with-mode box
        (process-node-list
          (select-elements
            (follow (current-node) '("par", box))))))
      (other processing)))

This is untested, and it will not work if you have several boxes
in the same element. In this case, we would have to stop the list of
the following paragraphs.
Tell us more on the structure.

Ne pas se décourager, surtou.
Jany