(dsssl) Re: Data on left margin area?

Subject: (dsssl) Re: Data on left margin area?
From: "Javier Farreres de la Morena" <spanish@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:31:41 +0100
>Okay.  It would also be interesting to know, how it could work
>theoretically -- but I can wait until the page feature becomes available.

Page feature is about to come in a month (at least partly, by being able
to insert page-sequences and column-set-sequences). But it will only be
supported in the flow object building. Some hard work will be needed in
the formatting of it, that is going to be another some months long.

>I can rearrange the markup using Architectural Forms :)

Please. Can you explain me what architectural forms are? I have tried to
read HyTime chapter and it was too much for me at the time. A gentle introduction
would help me read it again and understand it all. As I understand, it's
a dtd governing dtds or something like this?

>The actual example goes like this (TEI DTD, PB denotes page breaks of
>the original book):
>
>    text text text text text text text text text text text text text
>    text text text text text text <pb n=2> text text text text text
>    text text text text text text text text text text text text text
>
>And the print output should look like this:
>

>         text text text text text text text text text text text text >
   p.2  text text text text text text |text text text text text text
>         text text text text text text text text text text text text

Yes, that's what I understood when you first posted the question. I suppose,
as you want to add the side comment in the margin, you would need the marginalia
flow objects. You also need side-sync and a syncronization point to syncronize
the point where the element appears with the point where you want the text
to appear in the margin. Now I don't have the standart text here, and I
wanted to reply with the text in front of me to consult that I don't lie.
If you need an exact reply I can do it.

ADSL Tiscali -  http://adsl.tiscali.es
el más completo y competitivo ¡por sólo 38.95 ?!
Y además, llama GRATIS desde tu PC.