Re: (dsssl) character repertoire?

Subject: Re: (dsssl) character repertoire?
From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 01 Apr 2003 18:07:15 -0800
Tim> I went to that site and looked at
Tim> <ftp://ftp.bna.com/pub/dspeck/jade/charnames/charnames.dsl>.
Tim> "Solidus" is a more formal name for a forward slash.  Also, the
Tim> first characters appear to be listed in that file in Latin-1
Tim> order, and I have a chart for that, so I can figure out an
Tim> unfamiliar name by the recognizable characters around it.  I
Tim> therefore think that \reverse-solidus should work for you.

Ok, this answered my question, thanks!  Unfortunately, it wasn't the
question I wanted to ask :)

What I really want is to make the TeX backend output a macro call of
my choosing.  When I do as above Jade escapes the backslash to a
'\char92' instead.  How to prevent that?

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
if (sizeof(signed) > sizeof(unsigned) + 4) { delete this; }