Re: (dsssl) Two-sided / first page recto

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Two-sided / first page recto
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 11:35:30 +0200
Hello Tim

* tmcd@xxxxxxxxx [Tue, 22/04/2003 at 17:20 -0400]
> I'm using Jade or OpenJade on Debian Linux.  (That is, I currently use
> OpenJoade but I've used Jade in the past and I don't know any reason I
> couldn't go back.)
>
> I had a decent structure to generate several separate documents from
> the same XML: a cover letter, the main body, a "special exceptions"
>
> As far as I can tell from the on-line docs, the general page-sequence
> model is supported in neither Jade nor OpenJade, so I have only
> whatever simple-page-sequence provides.  Yes?
I seem to recall that there is now a beta version implementing the full
page model.

> I can see the Jade/OpenJade extension
>     page-number-restart?: #t
> to make each what-used-to-be-its-own-document start its own page
> number at 1 (if I import it as a characteristic extension).  True?
Yes.

> Since it's duplex printing, I want each used-to-be document to start
> on an odd-numbered (right-hand, recto) page.  Is there any code to
> force a simple-page-sequence to start on a recto page?  I found some
> list messages that say you can't, but there was a thread in late
> February 2001 with things like
> .../...
> and "its activated by something in those patches to OpenJade, I
> think." ("Sebastian Rahtz"
> <sebastian.rahtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>)  I also found
> elsewhere
>
>     Set the following in your customization stylesheet:
>     (define %two-side% #t)
>
> but that is in a Docbook page and it says "DSSSL to PDF and
> Postscript".  I've not used Docbook at all -- it doesn't seem from the
> name to be applicable, though I've not looked at it -- and the PDF
> versions of my output are a little off from what I want.
I have rapidly looked in the docbook stylesheets. This is only used to
give symmetry to the headers and footers of the pages, depending on they
are odd ore even numbered.
> --
> Tim McDaniel, tmcd@xxxxxxxxx; tmcd@xxxxxxxxxx is my work address
It seems that we are working for the same boss.

Jany