(dsssl) Cygwin and DOS

Subject: (dsssl) Cygwin and DOS
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 16:35:31 +0200
Hi all

This problem is not reaaly a dsssl one, but i guess that some people in
one or either list will have an idea.

I have some users who use Openjade under DOS. As you, the error messages
in the pure DOS version of OJ 1.3 are a bit fuzzy, while they are quite
intelligible in the corresponding cygwin version.

I was then tempted to use the cygwin version of OJ in the .bat shells ;
provided you modify the path, it is possible to use Unix tools (cat,
sed, grep in .bat files), so why not openjade?

It runs smoothly, save for a problem: OJ is unable to read the
builtins.dsl which I have referenced in the catalog. I guess that it
tries, such as in the Unix version to find the /usr/local/share/
directory and as we are neither in true DOS, neither in true cygwin,
it fails.

Does anyone have an idea of what is really happening and of a
workaround.

Jany

PS: I hope that my crossposting is not breaking the rules.