Re: (dsssl) Openjade, cygwin and DOS

Subject: Re: (dsssl) Openjade, cygwin and DOS
From: Jany Quintard <jany.quintard@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 09:56:51 +0200
* David.Pawson@xxxxxxxxxxx [Tue, 23/09/2003 at 07:40 +0100]

> > It runs smoothly, save for a problem: OJ is unable to read the
> > builtins.dsl which I have referenced in the catalog. I guess that it
> > tries, such as in the Unix version to find the /usr/local/share/
> > directory and as we are neither in true DOS, neither in true cygwin,
> > it fails.
> >
> > Does anyone have an idea of what is really happening and of a
> > workaround?
>
> I'm under win32, and have catalog support with no problems.
> I have an env var set to point to the catalog, but jade has its -c option?
> set -c path/to/catalog.xml   on cmd line and it should work under dos.

Thanks Dave. The point here seems to be that I am using a mixed
solution: Openjade for cygwin under DOS.

I use the -c option under Linux, pure DOS and cygwin, and it works very good.
Actually, all DTDs and styleshhets are resolved without problems, even
the two pseudo DTD files for DSSSL. The *only* difficulty is the
builtins.dsl file that cygwin OJ is unable to read if running under DOS.

I don't have any problems if I use each version of the program under its
environment. As the cygwin version has better error messages (the
messages of the dos version being a bit confusing). And it would have
been nice to have only one version under DOS.
Anyway, I can live with that.

Dave, I know that X% of the world is using Win32, and it is he reason
for which I use cygwin.

One OS to rule them all...

Jany

PS: I intended to send this message to openjade users, but I goofed and
sent it twice to DSSSList.