[dssslist] OpenJade on Cygwin

Subject: [dssslist] OpenJade on Cygwin
From: <tmcd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 11:30:36 -0400 (EDT)
I should keep poking around more with Google and such, but I have a
deadline of today or tomorrow.  (I'm a volunteer for a not-for-profit,
and I'm setting up our software on my successor's laptop.)

I installed OpenSP and OpenJade from Cygwin.  When I tried to run my
old scripts, ported from my home Linux machine, I get an error message
that I think I got when I was setting up last time, three years ago:

+ openjade -E 999999 -o04-09/04-09clF.rtf -trtf -d./loar.dsl#printloar -V generate-coverletter /usr/share/OpenSP/xml.dcl 04-09.xml
openjade:./loar.dsl:2:51:W: cannot generate system identifier for public text "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN"
openjade:./loar.dsl:7:0:E: reference to entity "STYLE-SHEET" for which no system identifier could be generated
openjade:./loar.dsl:1:0: entity was defined here
openjade:./loar.dsl:14:24:E: there is no attribute "ID"
openjade:E: specification document does not have the DSSSL architecture as a base architecture
openjade:E: no style-specification or external-specification with ID "PRINTLOAR"

Is it a catalog problem?  My first try also had the
    -c /usr/share/OpenSP/catalog
option but with the same results.  All that /usr/share/OpenSP/catalog
has is

    PUBLIC
    "-//SGML Open:TR95xx//SYNTAX Extended (ISO/IEC 10646-1:1993 repertoire)//EN"
    unicode.syn

    SGMLDECL unicode.sd

But it's the only file under /usr/share named *catalog* that looks at
all appropriate.  I tried searching files for "James Clark" and "DSSSL
Style" and found nothing appropriate.

BTW, my dsl file starts

    <!DOCTYPE style-sheet
    PUBLIC "-//James Clark//DTD DSSSL Style Sheet//EN" [

The docs say to use "OpenJade" rather than "James Clark", but that had
the same results (with OpenJade in the error message rather than James
Clark, of course), and searching the file system for OpenJade (or
"DSSSL Style") didn't produce anything useful either.

Anyone else use OpenJade under a recent Cygwin and can tell me the
magic incantion quickly?  I'd be excruciatingly grateful.

--
Tim McDaniel, tmcd@xxxxxxxxx