[dssslist] Re: define inside let body

Subject: [dssslist] Re: define inside let body
From: "Javier Farreres de la Morena" <spanish@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 13:42:41 +0100
Dear Joaqumn:

>From: Joaqumn Zuazo <jz@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [dssslist] in reply to: "define inside let body"
>In my opinion, according to the standard, this simple an unuseful
>example should work:
>
>(define test-variable
>	(let (( void-variable 0))
>	  (define a 2)
>	  (define b 2)
>	  (define c 2)
>	  ;; all defines you want to add here are local variables
>	  ;; inside let
>
>	  ( + a b c)))

Perhaps the Standard allows this, but I consider it is an overcomplicated
code for something that can be written more simple.

If you want

(let ()
  (define x 1))

why don't you just write

(let ((x 1)))

which is more comfortable.

If you don't neet a let, then don't use it.

>I'll try to get the Farrere's book. I appreciate your opinions about it.

 I will not offer any comment on this, but my mother sais it is the best
book.

The intention when writing the book is to make a readable text easy to
understand.
I hope it is better to read the book than to dive into the standard. In
my oppinion, it is good to know the standard definition, but perhaps first
a good introduction is preferrable. If the book covers the needs or not,
ask someone who has already read the book, because it is expensive.

Javi

San Valentmn se acerca, encuentra pareja y disfruta del dma de los
enamorados.

Juega ahora a la maquina del amor en Tiscali Amor y Amistad y gana !7 dmas
gratis!

http://match.tiscali.es/match/shared/Valentines2005/SPEURO/TISCALIES/TISCALIE
S.htm