Re: [dssslist] Re: Problems with ? for page numbers in index]

Subject: Re: [dssslist] Re: Problems with ? for page numbers in index]
From: Jeremy Malcolm <Jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:35:15 +0800
N. Raghavendra wrote:
> Please post a small sample DocBook SGML document with the troublesome
> index entries and your custom DSSSL style sheet.

The mailing list rejected my attachment, so I'm resending without and
can send the attachment off-list to anyone who wants it instead.  In the
attachment, only two of the index items work for me: "hackers"
shows "3" as the page number in the third of ten occurences in the
index, and "open source" shows 1 as the page number, in the first of six.

With my full document (and it's similar in this shorter version), I've
found that I'm getting some warnings like "LaTeX Warning: Reference
`5123' on page 127 undefined on input line 98347".  At line 98347 of my
TeX file I find this:

{\def\Element%
{15219}}\Link%
{\def\Element%
{5123}}\Node%
{\def\Element%
{5123}\def\ProcessingMode%
{toc-page-number-mode}}\insertCurrentNodePageNumber%
{\def\Element%
{5123}}\endNode{}\endLink{}\endNode{},
     \Node%

Then earlier in the TeX file I find element 5123 defined thus:

{\def\Element%
{5123}}\Seq%
{}\endSeq{}\endNode{} on democracy\Node%

Page 127 is in the middle of my index.

I'm running Mac OS X 10.3.9, OpenJade 1.3.2, OpenSP4 1.5.1, JadeTex
3.13, DocBook DTD 4.3.0, DocBook DSSSL N Walsh 1.78, and TeTex 2.0.2.  I
won't cross-post to docbook-apps just yet but thanks for the tip, I'll
do so if it comes to that.

Thanks!

PS. Is there yet any way to collapse duplicate or adjascent page number
     references in the index, like "3, 3, 3" or "3, 4, 5"?  Maybe I'm
     getting ahead of myself; that's not so important for now.

--
Jeremy Malcolm LLB (Hons) B Com
Internet and Open Source lawyer, IT consultant, actor

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/x-pkcs7-signature which had a name of smime.p7s]