Re: [jats-list] how to describe <collab> in multiple languages

Subject: Re: [jats-list] how to describe <collab> in multiple languages
From: Debbie Lapeyre <dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 20:09:05 -0400
Dear All--

Can <name-alternatives> be changed to contain <collab> in it?

This is an interesting request. I can understand wanting a <collab> in multiple languages or multiple scripts, but I am a little uncertain that just adding <collab> is the way to go:

Can a <name> or a <string-name> ever be an alternative for
a <collab>? Or, if you used multiple collaborations would it always
be with other <collab>s?

So I ask the group:

 - Would it be better to just allow any mix (these are NOT
   enforcing Tag Sets after all):

name-alternatives (collab | name | string-name)+

- Or to try to restrict the usage:

name-alternatives (collab+ | (name | string-name)+ )

- Or to give <collab> its own alternatives:

collab-alternatives (collab+)

- Or something else entirely?

What say you all?

--Debbie

Deborah Aleyne Lapeyre               mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
17 West Jefferson Street                    Direct Phone: 301/315-9633
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML, XSLT, & SGML