RE: [jats-list] how to describe <collab> in multiple languages

Subject: RE: [jats-list] how to describe <collab> in multiple languages
From: "Kelly, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 07:50:52 -0400
I think mixing collab and name would open the door to tagging that's
impossible to decipher.

What do you do if you see this:
<name-alternatives>
   <name>...</name>
   <name>...</name>
   <collab>...</collab>
</name-alternatives>
<name>...</name>
<name>...</name>
<collab>...</collab>

How can a collab be an alternative of a name? Yet if we allow it, we're going
to see it tagged. Even if we restrict the usage as in Debbie's 2nd model,
we're still wrapping collab inside an element called
name-alternatives...saying collabs are names, which they're not. We have
separate models for them for a reason and I believe we need to keep them
separate.

I agree with Chris on this one. I think we need collab-alternatives. If I'm
trying to parse and index the data, I know I'd much rather see this:
<name-alternatives>
  <name>...</name>
  <name>...</name>
</name-alternatives>