[jats-list] RE: <etal> in <contrib-group>

Subject: [jats-list] RE: <etal> in <contrib-group>
From: "Kelly, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:40:02 +0000
This is exactly why PMC archives content in Green but writes its style rules
to Blue. We want the more restrictive model but the reality is that we can't
always have it.

If you're using layered validation--like PMC does with its style checker--you
can have your content in Green but use the layered validation to restrict it
so that it's Blue everywhere except where it absolutely cannot be. Since data
tagged in Blue is valid in Green, you'd only have to change the schema
association for any content you already have.

My feeling on this approach is that it will take a little extra time in the
beginning to set up the additional rules, but it's wholly worth it when you
find these places where you need the exceptions.

Laura
Laura Kelly Randall
kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NCBI/NLM/NIH