[jats-list] JATS Documentation Question - why frames?

Subject: [jats-list] JATS Documentation Question - why frames?
From: "Orris, Rebecca (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <orrisrl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 16:52:06 +0000
Pet peeve: No way to easily link directly to a specific documentation page
(and keep the site navigation in place).

e.g. If I want to point someone to the mml:math element in BITS 0.2 Beta, all
I can do is tell them to go to

http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/extensions/bits/tag-library/0.2/

and then open up the Elements dropdown, and then search for mml:math and click
on that link.

I COULD send them this link:
http://jats.nlm.nih.gov/extensions/bits/tag-library/0.2/n-xqf0.html
which I found by viewing the frame source, and hacking the URL. But then they
don't get the left-hand navigation panel.

It would be very nice when communicating with conversion vendors and others to
be able to add a direct link to any specific page of the otherwise wonderful
documentation, without taking away the site navigation.

Apologies if this has been discussed before, but I searched the archives and
didn't see mention of it.

Rebecca

Rebecca L. Orris, PhD
Staff Scientist, Bookshelf
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Bldg 45, Rm 5AN36D15, MSC 6511
45 Center Dr
Bethesda MD 20892-6511