RE: [jats-list] Third-party author profiles

Subject: RE: [jats-list] Third-party author profiles
From: "Randall, Laura (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E]" <laura.randall@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 18:54:23 +0000
Hi, Alf.

Generally speaking, I think that whenever the xlink:href in
<ext-link> points to a URI, the ext-link-type value should be "uri".
<ext-link
ext-link-type="uri"
xlink:href="https://twitter.com/examplename";>ExampleName</ext-link>

I think
in this case, though, I'd be inclined to use contrib-id:
<contrib-id
contrib-id-type="twitter-username">ExampleName</contrib-id>

It is, as the
element definition describes, one identifier for a person.

Laura
Laura Randall
lrandall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
NCBI/NLM/NIH