Re: [jats-list] Ambiguity in <uri> definition

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Ambiguity in <uri> definition
From: Tommie Usdin <btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:02:43 -0400
The progress of revisions of JATS through the standards process is a bit
unpredictable, but I would guess that we will see JATS 1.1 in the fall of
2014.

 Tommie

On Mar 11, 2014, at 3:26 PM, Caroline Webber <cwebber@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> What is the tentative date for JATS 1.1 to be officially released (that is,
out of "draft" mode)?

> Caroline S. Webber
> Sr. Bus. Systems Analyst
> Aries Systems Corporation
> 200 Sutton Street
> North Andover, MA 01845 USA
> Tel: 978-291-1941
> fax: 978-975-3811
> e-mail: cwebber@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Web: www.editorialmanager.com
>          www.ariessys.com
>

> For the latest EM, PM, and industry news, subscribe
> to our e-newsletter and view archived issues here!
>

> This message is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual(s) to whom it is addressed.
>   If you have received this message in error, do not open any attachment but
please notify the sender (above) and delete this message from your system.

'is'  is never stated explicitly in the element's documentation. We had not
intended to be talking about the attributes at all, but I think I agree that
doing so might clarify this situation. We will try to clarify.

>> That <uri> "may or may not be a traversable link" is discussed under
>> "Related Elements" without saying what makes a <uri> into a
>> traversable link, and none of the three examples show a uri/@xlink:href.
>
> We are in the middle of adding a lot more examples to the JATS Tag
Libraries. Some examples here would be a very good idea.

> Plea: if anyone has examples of
> - an external link using <ext-link> and
> - a <uri> as an external link using @xlink:href it would be greatly
appreciated if you can share them with this list and thus the JATS Standing
Committee.
> Just post a snippet (as Bruce Rosenblum
> did this week).
>
> Thanks
>
> --Debbie Lapeyre

> Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
> 17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
> Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
> Rockville, MD 20850
> Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron

B. Tommie Usdin                        mailto:btusdin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies: A Consultancy Specializing in XML and SGML