Re: [jats-list] Todays G+ discussions

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Todays G+ discussions
From: "Maloney, Christopher (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] maloneyc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 14:20:06 -0000
Dave Pawson wrote:

> I'm assuming you will select a restricted set of terms to facilitate
> machine searching? I'm suggesting the schema.org terms are well
>researched
> and agreed. If you want to add to your set then there is a rich base
>from which
> to select.
>
> Shared names wherever possible would seem to be advantageous?

I agree completely!  Depending on the specific domain, we should reuse
controlled vocabularies that well defined, and have strong adoption,
whenever possible.  CC license URIs are one example of that.

Here again, if you want to continue this specific discussion, please
subscribe to the jats4r google group mailing list, and move it there.

--
Chris Maloney
NIH/NLM/NCBI (Contractor)