Re: [jats-list] 'Nested' reference lists: advice on best practice

Subject: Re: [jats-list] 'Nested' reference lists: advice on best practice
From: "dal dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 19:22:20 -0000
Your nested <ref-list> tagging looks good to me.
That is why <ref-list> was allowed inside
<ref-list>, because publishers do it.

bDebbie

tommaso.olivero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I daily use JATS Journal Publishing DTD v1.0 and I sometimes encounter
reference lists which are divided into two or more sections according to the
nature of the resource, e.g.:

> References
> Printed resources
> 	b" (Ref. 1)
> 	b" (Ref. 2)
> 	b" (Ref. 3)
> Online resources
> 	b" (Ref. 4)
> 	b" (Ref. 5)
> I agree that this division is a bit... maybe old-fashioned, but it is still
somehow popular, especially in humanities journals.

> My question is: is there a 'best practice' for this sort of situation?
Alternatively, what would be the best way to deal with it? I've been thinking
about creating multiple <ref-list>; the above example would then be something
like:

> <ref-list>
>   <title>References</title>
>     <ref-list>
>       <title>Printed resources</title>
>         <ref>[...]</ref>
>         <ref>[...]</ref>
>         <ref>[...]</ref>
>     </ref-list>
>     <ref-list>
>       <title>Online resources</title>
>         <ref>[...]</ref>
>         <ref>[...]</ref>
>     </ref-list>
> </ref-list>
>
> This seems fairly logic, but I'm curious to hear more opinions about this
topic. I know there is a <note> tag that cold be used, but only within <ref>
(so it would be related to a particular reference only); maybe there is
another element that can be used within a <ref-list>, that could be useful for
the above-mentioned purpose?

> Thanks a lot for any feedback, and apologies if I made mistakes in this post
(it is my first one!)

> All best wishes,
> Tommaso Olivero
> Publishing Editor
> Ubiquity Press Ltd.
>
> tommaso.olivero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> +44 (0)207 323 0343
> www.ubiquitypress.com
> @ubiquitypress
>
> JATS-List info and archive
> EasyUnsubscribe (by email)

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron