Re: [jats-list] JATS4R draft recommendation for Conflict of Interest statements now open

Subject: Re: [jats-list] JATS4R draft recommendation for Conflict of Interest statements now open
From: "Alf Eaton eaton.alf@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2018 10:49:58 -0000
On 7 December 2017 at 18:24, Kelly McDougall kmcdouga@xxxxxxx
<jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello JATS users,
>
> JATS4R working group has developed a draft recommendation for the tagging of
Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest/Competing Interest statements. This
recommendation is open for comment. Please make comments on  the google doc
version
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tJltI28KpqUqI5_c2RH5470RnTdb63yaMYQ6_Moh
qDU/edit?usp=sharing>, which is publicly available. The deadline for adding
comments is Friday, January 5th, 2018.

> All the best,
>
> Kelly McDougall
>
> JATS4R Standing Committee

If it's not too late (the doc no longer allows comments, so it may be,
but I only just saw this note), I'd like to point out that the JATS
documentation already includes an example of marking up "conflicts of
interest" statements with `fn-type="conflict"`:
https://jats.nlm.nih.gov/publishing/tag-library/1.1d1/n-hxx0.html

This can be used in article XML as follows:

<fn-group content-type="competing-interests">
    <title>Competing Interests</title>
    <fn id="conflict-1" fn-type="conflict">
    </fn>
</fn-group>