[jats-list] BITS: Appendices in Sections?

Subject: [jats-list] BITS: Appendices in Sections?
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 12:31:59 -0000
In a specific book that one of our customers is about to publish, the author included additional material after a bibliography that is contained within a section.

I'd be inclined to encode this material as an <app>. However, <app> is not permitted after <ref-list> when in a section.

In order to allow appendices after bibliographies in sections, one could promote all the sections one level up so that they become a <book-part>. However, this has potentially far-reaching consequences, therefore we'd like to avoid it.

For the time being, we could just leave the additional content (that doesn't have headings btw) in the <ref-list> as ordinary <p> or <fig> elements. This will yield an adequate rendering even though this appendix content is certainly not supposed to be part of a bibliography.

Do you see a path to allowing, in future BITS versions,

(app | notes | fn-group | glossary | ref-list | sig-block)*

instead of

(notes | fn-group | glossary | ref-list | sig-block)*

at the end of a <sec>?

Gerrit