Re: [jats-list] BITS: Appendices in Sections?

Subject: Re: [jats-list] BITS: Appendices in Sections?
From: "Debbie Lapeyre dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2019 13:00:27 -0000
Interesting idea, Gerrit.

I will add this to the BITS discussion list for
next time the BITS Working Group meets. They will
discuss and decide.

Thanks for the feedback.

--Debbie

gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In a specific book that one of our customers is about to publish, the author
included additional material after a bibliography that is contained within a
section.

> I'd be inclined to encode this material as an <app>. However, <app> is not
permitted after <ref-list> when in a section.

> In order to allow appendices after bibliographies in sections, one could
promote all the sections one level up so that they become a <book-part>.
However, this has potentially far-reaching consequences, therefore we'd like
to avoid it.

> For the time being, we could just leave the additional content (that doesn't
have headings btw) in the <ref-list> as ordinary <p> or <fig> elements. This
will yield an adequate rendering even though this appendix content is
certainly not supposed to be part of a bibliography.

> Do you see a path to allowing, in future BITS versions,
>
> (app | notes | fn-group | glossary | ref-list | sig-block)*
>
> instead of
>
> (notes | fn-group | glossary | ref-list | sig-block)*
>
> at the end of a <sec>?
>
> Gerrit

Deborah A Lapeyre              mailto:dalapeyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Mulberry Technologies, Inc.      http://www.mulberrytech.com
17 West Jefferson Street         Phone: 301-315-9631 (USA)
Suite 207                        Fax:   301-315-8385
Rockville, MD 20850
Mulberry Technologies: Consultancy for XML, XSLT, and Schematron