Re: [jats-list] Accessibility element?

Subject: Re: [jats-list] Accessibility element?
From: "Lizzi, Vincent vincent.lizzi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 02:44:15 -0000
Hello Ravit and Tommie,

This looks like a good use for custom-meta. If there is more than one PDF then
I wonder if custom-meta would be able to identify the accessibility level of a
particular PDF in the BITS model (I'm more familiar with JATS). If PDF files
are identified in the XML using the self-uri element then possible a way to
identify the accessibility level would be to tag a named-content element
within self-uri. For example, this appears to be valid in BITS:

<self-uri content-type="pdf" xlink:href="filename.pdf">
    <named-content content-type="accessibility-level">AA</named-content>
</self-uri>

In JATS 1.2 Archiving the vocab attributes could be used to provide more
information, for example:

<self-uri content-type="pdf" xlink:href="filename.pdf">
    <named-content content-type="accessibility-level" vocab="WCAG 2.0"
vocab-identifier="https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/";
vocab-term="AA">AA</named-content>
</self-uri>

Hope this helps.