[jats-list] JATS-Con 2020 was to be today :(

Subject: [jats-list] JATS-Con 2020 was to be today :(
From: "Beck, Jeff (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [E] beck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jats-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 21:13:21 -0000
Hello JATS-Conners!

Well, this was to be day 1 of our 10th JATS-Con. While I will admit that I
haven't missed the late nights finishing my slides or fretting about getting
the coffee just so or the Hollandaise right for everyone's Eggs Benedict each
morning, but I did truly miss seeing everyone today.

But I hope that everyone is safe and sane at home and that we can get together
to talk about XML and non-XML things in the not-so-distant future. Stay tuned
for update! Same JATS time. Same JATS channel!

One of my favorite program items is the open session that we hold on the
second day in the afternoon. If you have never been to a JATS-Con, this is a
time that anyone can come to the lectern for a short presentation, a gripe, a
suggestion, or to tell us all how wonderful everything is (we don't get as
many of these as you might think).

How about we have an Open Session on the list for JATS-Con 2020 day 2
tomorrow? Write in to "jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<jats-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> with

1. Gripes and suggestions
2. Interesting JATS stories
      How you got involved with JATS.
      How you are using JATS differently from everyone else.
      How JATS made you better, stronger, and more attractive.
3. The reason you think JATS works or doesn't work.
4. How wonderful everything is (I'm pushing for these.)

I look forward to lots of fun and interesting message for JATS-Con 2020, day
2. And, if you want to get to the nitty gritty, three of our presenters have
provided their papers for the Proceedings. You can read them here!

"MECA and JATS Compatibility: A case study utilizing the JATS Compatibility
Meta Model"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK555480/
Laura Randall and Sally Ubnoske.

"WYSIMTWYG: What you see is more than what you get when using XML"
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK556169/
G. Ken Holman.

Jeffrey Beck
NCBI/NLM/NIH

Telework 7:00-3:30 PM EDT and by appointment